Deep brick-red purple, with abundant nose of dark fruits and sweet tobacco. Full-bodied, very concentrated and well-structured with ripe tannins. Blackberry dominates the palate, with a long and concentrated smooth finish.
The trend for the vineyard growing season was set early in March, warmer and dryer than usual with quality sunshine through the summer. The warmer than average weather through March caused grapevine bud development to be at least 10 days ahead of schedule, resulting in a longer growing season. There wasn’t any significant rainfall between the end of May and the end of September and temperatures were at or above normal. The outcome was fully mature grapes with high sugars and extremely concentrated flavours.
- Hand harvested, triple sorted, destemmed, gravity fed into open-top stainless steel fermenters
- 30% bleed, whole berry fermentation separate by varietal
- Pump over, punch down, delestage, 8 day fermentation 14 day post fermentary maceration
- Pumped into barrel, free run separated from press wine (1st press only)
- Malolactic fermentation in barrel Ageing in French oak barrels for 12 months, 30% new / 30% 1 year / 30% 2 year